Based on Professor Bennett’s book, Prescribing Leadership in Healthcare, the Healthcare Center of Excellence (HCOE) is offering an 8-week online leadership course designed for leaders and aspiring leaders in healthcare and other industries. The course teaches a unique, proven and comprehensive approach to leadership development which helps participants create a personalized, continuously-improving leadership plan for to follow at any level of the organization.
The 8-week course follows the proprietary 5-step Professional Leadership Process™ detailed in the book and includes exercises designed to help participants:
- Assess their personal and leadership abilities using industry recognized assessment tools
- Create a leadership vision and execution plan
- Develop a short-term and long-term plan for regular reflection
- Identify and nurture mentor and coaching relationships
- Build a comprehensive, personalized, adaptable leadership plan
- Compare and contrast the differences between professional leadership and other programs.
- Explain the 5-steps in the professional leadership process and how they interrelate to create better leaders.
- Construct a personal leadership plan based on an assessment of the individual’s innate qualities & abilities.
- Formulate a self-reflection plan that incorporates individual quiet-time and environment assessments.
- Identify current and potential mentors and coaches and plan for regular encounters.
Course Length: 8 weeks, with live sessions once a week (sessions will be recorded for those who can’t attend the scheduled time)
Course Audience: Any one interested in becoming a better healthcare leader.
- Prescribing Leadership in Healthcare Book
- Professional Leadership Course Workbook
- DISC Assessment
- Live: 3 monthly post-class 1-on-1 sessions (1/month) via phone, Skype or other real-time interaction
- E-mail: Unlimited, during coaching period
- Additional live coaching is available
|Module #||Topic||Learning Objectives|
The Nature of Leadership
- Leadership Definition
- Innate Qualities
Professional Leadership Process
|1. Compare and contrast the differences between professional leadership and other programs.
2. Define the various components of the leadership definition.
3. Explain the 5-steps in the professional leadership process and how they interrelate to create better leaders.
|Module 2||Assessing Leadership Capabilities|
- Personality Assessment
- Leadership Assessment
|1. Examine the individual's behavioral strengths and weaknesses through the use of a personality assessment.
2. Prepare a leadership assessment based on individual and group leadership perceptions.
|Module 3||Developing a Leadership Vision||1. Construct a personal leadership vision based on an assessment of the individual's innate qualities & abilities, personality assessment and leadership assesment.
|Module 4||Living Your Vision||1. Construct a personal leadership plan based on the on the personal leadership vision.
2. Examine the 6-tools a leader can use to execute on their leadership plan every day.
|Module 5||Reflecting on Leadership||1. Formulate a self-reflection plan that incorporates individual quiet-time and environment assessments.
|Module 6||Leadership Coaching & Mentoring|
Practicing Professional Leadership
- How Leadership is Like Sports
- Closing Thoughts on Leadership
|1. Identify current and potential mentors and coaches and plan for regular encounters.
2. Explain what information should be shared to add value to the mentoring/coaching sessions.
3. Develop a plan to execute the professional leadership process every day.
4. Describe some of the challenges a leader regularly faces.
Instructor-Participant Ratio: Maximum 12 to 1 in order to provide quality instruction and coaching. (Subject to change without notice)
Faculty: Professor Bryan BennettComplete the form below to request more information on pricing and scheduling of an Onsite Professional Leadership Course or Workshop.